Welcome to The Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Public Health Journal (ATSIPHJ).
ATSIPHJ is a private Indigenous Public Health Organisation registered and operating in Queensland under relevant State and Federal legislation. We are a peer reviewed electronic journal that will publish academic articles on issues relevant to the Public Health of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people on a quarterly basis. On the outside of ATSIPHJ are free to air public health resources that are available on the Internet - these are categorized into relevant sections and provide a background to the Public Health of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people.
Our Aims are to:
- - provide a culturally appropriate and safe environment for health professionals and academics to publish original research and scholarly papers, lectures, reports, videos and presentations about all areas related to Indigenous public health;
- - add to the existing body of knowledge on public health from an Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander perspective;
- - help promote awareness of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander public health issues on a National scale;
- - maintain the principles of reconciliation by promoting an environment of Social Justice for Indigenous Australian's;
- - promote and research ways to retain Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people as Public Health clinicians in Australia; and
- - provide an on-line platform with which to promote Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Public Health perspectives.
Our Staff are:
- CEO - Dr Elvianna Dorante-Day ~ (Member of the Australian Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander community), Bachelor of Nursing, Masters of Arts (Aboriginal Issues), Graduate Diploma in Public Health, Doctor of Public Health (PhD;
Webmaster - Simon Charles Dorante-Day ~ BA (History/Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Studies), BEng (Electronics and Communications);
- Technical Officer - Keshia Dorante-Day ~ (Member of the Australian Aboriginal and TSI community);
Trainee Technical Officer - Simon Sean Dorante-Day ~ (Member of the Australian Aboriginal and TSI community).
Legal protection: databases (European Union)